provides SSH and telnet access with all web hosting accounts.
We have implemented SSH, which is a secure and encrypted form of telnet, it
guarantees the safety of your account, as well as the overall security of
the entire server. SSH
is FREE with all web hosting accounts, however you must request it
to be enabled by filling our support form.
Here are the simple instructions for requesting and using SSH on our servers:
1) Requesting SSH
• If would like SSH or Telnet installed
and enabled for your account, please send us a note via our
form. Please be sure to let us know your username and domain
name so that we can identify
you. Your ssh/telnet username and password will be the same as
your account username and password.
• IvcHosting.com can have your SSH access enabled
within 24 hours, but it usually takes only a few
2) SSH Client
• Make sure your Telnet client is compatible with
• IvcHosting.com cannot provide technical assistance
or guarantee that your SSH client will work with our
servers although most do.
• IvcHosting.com recommends using an SSH client called
Putty. It is very easy to use, install and we
recommend it for use with our servers.
Please find our instructions below.
3) Installing Putty
• You can download a copy of the client
• Run the .exe file
• Where it asks for Host Name, enter your domain
• Under Protocol, select the SSH (for encrypted transmission)
or telnet option.
• Under Saved Sessions, enter your domain name and
• Click the Open button to start your session.
• A new window will open and you will be prompted
for your username and password.
• In the future all you need to do is load your old
settings and logon.
If you cannot get SSH to work, please inform us via our support form.
to Support menu